Posts tagged vegetarian
Posts tagged vegetarian
#vegan pea and spinach #risotto
This was so delicious!
Ingredients to serve 3
1 litre veggie stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 leek, finely diced (just the light green and white bits)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Leaves from 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
130g arborio risotto rice
160g fresh peas (or defrosted frozen ones!)
160g fresh baby spinach
15g fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Let’s get to it!
1. Make up your stock, and leave it in a jug on the side.
2.Zest the lemon and set it aside. Juice the lemon, and set that aside!
3. Heat up the oil until very hot, then fry onion and leek until soft (5 mins ish!) on a medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Turn the heat right up, then add the lemon juice and risotto rice. Stir to combine and keep stirring until the juice disappears.
6. Add a ladleful of stock, and stir the whole lot until the rice absorbs it.
7. Add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and each time waiting for the last to be absorbed. Do this until the rice is cooked, and all the stock is gone…about 20-25 minutes.
8. Stir in the lemon zest, basil, spinach and peas, and add some pepper.
Ingredients to make about 10 squares
150g Vitalite or other dairy free spread
150g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup or agave syrup
150g mixed chopped dried fruit, nuts and seeds of your choice
225g porridge oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the noms!
1. Heat the oven to 160’c.
2. Melt the Vitalite, with the sugar and Golden Syrup in a pan.
3. Stir in the dried fruits, nuts and seeds and the vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the oats, making sure they’re all coated!
5. Pour into a small square, lined baking tin and flatten with a spoon or fork.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool down before marking and turning out or they’ll fall apart!
Breakfast: scrambled tofu with broccoli, spring onions, red pepper and sweet chilli sauce.
Tofu scramble with broccoli stalks, red pepper, spring onions and avocado on toast.
Dinner: home made vegan calzone
Breakfast: avocado on toast with pepper, leek, tomato, aubergine and onion tofu scramble.
Dinner: mushroom and asparagus risotto
Dinner: rice wrap with deep fried tofu, vermicelli, lettuce and hoisin sauce.
Dinner: jacket potato with garlic mushrooms and artichoke hearts
Breakfast: tofu scramble with pepper, onion, veggie sausage and spinach with ketchup.