Posts tagged vegetarian
Posts tagged vegetarian
My #vegan dinner last night. Stuffed #mushrooms with #chestnut #stuffing #rice and #roasted #asparagus spears. #veganbaking #vegansofig #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #veganinspo #veganism #food #veggie #veg #vegetarian #healthyliving #healthy
#smile it’s a #vegan #sausage #sandwich =) #vegansofig #veganfoodporn #veggie #vegetarian #lindamccartney #ketchup #mustard #frenchs #red #yellow #nom
So, I haven’t posted a recipe for a while, but I made this one from Appetite for Reduction and it is amazing so I thought I’d share!
Serves 6 as a side dish
1 cup brown or wild rice
2 cups water
2 pounds butternut squash
1 cup sliced white onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (I just sliced mine finely)
3 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Cook the rice. Mine took about an hour!
2. You can either roast the butternut squash in cubes at 200’c, or microwave until well cooked. You want it so that you can mash it!
3. Mash up the butternut squash.
4. Sauté the onion in a saucepan for about 5 minutes, then add the ginger, garlic, lime zest, chilli flakes and salt, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes
5. Add the mashed butternut squash, coconut milk and rice to the mixture and stir. If the mix seems dry, add some veggie stock or water.
6. Add the lime juice.
7. Enjoy! ^_^
#vegan pea and spinach #risotto
This was so delicious!
Ingredients to serve 3
1 litre veggie stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 leek, finely diced (just the light green and white bits)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Leaves from 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
130g arborio risotto rice
160g fresh peas (or defrosted frozen ones!)
160g fresh baby spinach
15g fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Let’s get to it!
1. Make up your stock, and leave it in a jug on the side.
2.Zest the lemon and set it aside. Juice the lemon, and set that aside!
3. Heat up the oil until very hot, then fry onion and leek until soft (5 mins ish!) on a medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Turn the heat right up, then add the lemon juice and risotto rice. Stir to combine and keep stirring until the juice disappears.
6. Add a ladleful of stock, and stir the whole lot until the rice absorbs it.
7. Add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and each time waiting for the last to be absorbed. Do this until the rice is cooked, and all the stock is gone…about 20-25 minutes.
8. Stir in the lemon zest, basil, spinach and peas, and add some pepper.
Ingredients to make about 10 squares
150g Vitalite or other dairy free spread
150g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons Golden Syrup or agave syrup
150g mixed chopped dried fruit, nuts and seeds of your choice
225g porridge oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the noms!
1. Heat the oven to 160’c.
2. Melt the Vitalite, with the sugar and Golden Syrup in a pan.
3. Stir in the dried fruits, nuts and seeds and the vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the oats, making sure they’re all coated!
5. Pour into a small square, lined baking tin and flatten with a spoon or fork.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool down before marking and turning out or they’ll fall apart!
Dinner: mushroom and asparagus risotto
Dinner: rice wrap with deep fried tofu, vermicelli, lettuce and hoisin sauce.
Dinner: jacket potato with garlic mushrooms and artichoke hearts
Breakfast: tofu scramble with pepper, onion, veggie sausage and spinach with ketchup.