Posts tagged tomato
Posts tagged tomato
Growing my own #vegetables for some yummy #vegan recipes! #gyo #diy #vegan #veggie #vegetarian #veg #greens #courgette #onion #catgrass #jalapeno #tomato #chard
Yummy #vegan #veganbacon #lettuce #tomato and #veganmayo sandwich from #fortifycafe in #Maidstone :)
My #vegan #lasagne with #cauliflower and #tofu “ricotta”, #spinach and #tomato #salad yum! #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veggie #veg #veganism #veganfoodporn
Interesting # vegan crisps! #ketchup #tomato #whatveganseat #vegansofig #veggie
So, it was pancake Saturday. I didn’t want a sweet pancake, but a savoury one, so I decided to adapt my previous recipe for a chilli kicking pancake. It was lovely! Here it is..
Ingredients to make 8-10 pancakes
2.5 cups self raising flour
2.5 cups water
2 tablespoons ground nut oil
1 teaspoon chilli powder
Pinch salt and pepper
ground nut oil to cook pancakes
1. Mix all ingredients until well combined to form a batter.
2. Heat up a frying pan with some ground nut oil in it, until very hot. Pour in about half a ladle full of batter and cook for a few minutes either side, until golden.
3. Put your topping on and eat! I had grated Cheezly and tomato. Lush!
Yesterday I made some vegan burgers, with sweet potato chips (fries to those of you in the USA!). It was tasty but very nutty….mind, that is just how I like it! I served it with tomato, onion and lots of vegan mayonnaise and ketchup…I also like my burgers saucy! Nom.
Ingredients - serves 4
For the chips
4 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunky chips
For the burgers
230g organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well (weight when drained)
75g button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 a cup of seeds and oats, ground up in a food processor
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
4 tasty rolls
Beef tomato slices
Onion chopped up
Salt and pepper
Other salad items if you like!
The force is strong in this one…
1. Put your oven on a hot temperature to pre-heat, around 200’c. Put a baking tray in the oven as well, to get hot.
2. Put the kettle on to get your hot water for par-boiling the sweet potato chips.
3. Peel and cut up the sweet potato into chunky chips, and when the kettle is done, use the hot water to boil the chips for 5-7 minutes until slightly softened. Dry the par-boiled chips out by gently patting them with kitchen roll or a tea towel.
4. Put the chips on the heated baking tray, and drizzle on some olive oil. Make sure the chips are not layered on top of each other and all chips have oil on them! In the photo, I just made chips for one ;)
5. Put all your burger ingredients into a large bowl and blend using a hand blender, or put into a food processer and blend. Do this until chunky, but sticking together. It’ll look a bit gross…but it’s worth it!
6. Shape your burgers, and put them into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
7. Check your chips and turn.
8. Chop up your beef tomato and onion (or other salad!) for serving.
9. Heat up a frying pan to a medium heat with a splash of oil in it, and remove burgers from the freezer. Fry the burgers for 6-7 minutes each side until browned. Excuse the old looking frying pan…I will buy a new one!
10. Check your chips whilst the burgers are on the go, turn again if necessary.
11. Serve with rolls and salad, along with sauces of your choosing!
These are really very nutty and the tahini is very flavoursome, so if you’re not a fan of sesame or tahini, don’t make these! I reckon that you could substitute the tahini for peanut butter, though.