Posts tagged banana
Posts tagged banana
#vegan #airport food isn’t all bad! #porridge with #soya milk, #pistachios and #banana. Lovely! #vegansofig #veganfoodporn #veganfoodshare #breakfast #veggie #heathrow
So basically this is the most simple recipe ever! They are lovely and it is like eating banana chocolate ice cream! I made these almost a year ago and forgot to upload so I can’t remember the exact quantities but…
1. Melt a bar of vegan chocolate in a bain marie or the microwave.
2. Put chopped up banana bits onto cocktail sticks. I think this is 1/2 bananas.
3. Dip the banana bits into the chocolate goo until covered.
4. Sprinkle colourful sprinkles onto the goo.
6. Enjoy straight from the freezer!
Banana crumble with almonds and oats in the top and a butterscotch sauce.
4 large bananas, sliced lengthways then into thirds
Teaspoon coconut oil
For the butterscotch sauce:
70g soft brown sugar
3 tbsp agave syrup
3 tbsp rice milk
For the crumble topping:
100g plain flour
20g caster sugar
20g light brown sugar
70g flaked almonds
How to make the awesome!
1. Preheat the oven to 200’c.
2. Put all your butterscotch ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the Vitalite is melted and the sugar dissolved. Put into the freezer for ten minutes to cool.
3. For the crumble topping, place the flour, sugars and Vitalite into a bowl and rub the butter in with your fingertips until it makes lumps. Mix in the almonds and the oats. Combine it all until it makes crumbly lumps.
4. Heat a large frying pan over a very high heat with the coconut oil in it. Sear the bananas on both sides until charred and dark brown.
5. Place the bananas in an oven proof dish at least 3 inches deep. Pour over the butterscotch sauce, then place the crumble on top.
6. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
Breakfast: oat cakes with banana, peanut butter and raspberry jam. (Taken with Instagram)
…mmm! This morning I woke up and was craving bananas. I made this recipe up and I hope you guys like it too!
Ingredients to serve one
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup porridge oats
3/4 - 1 cup water
1 tablespoon of chocolate and nut spread OR 2 teaspoons peanut butter and 2 teaspoons chocolate spread
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1. Put your oats and water into a saucepan and heat until oats are cooked and it is thick…about 7-10 minutes depending how thick you like it.
2. Add the agave and choconut spread into the mix. Stir until well combined.
3. Put into a bowl and place the chopped bananas on top.
4. Revel in the fact that you are eating chocolate for breakfast =)
So…I decided I wanted pancakes that were just nice. Not overly sweet like the appley ones I did! So I made up a recipe…banana, maple syrup and cashew pancakes! Mmm…
Ingredients to make 8 pancakes
2.5 cups self raising flour
2.5 cups water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons ground nut oil
pinch of salt
half teaspoon vanilla extract
half teaspoon almond extract
ground nut oil to cook pancakes
crushed salted cashews, maple syrup and chopped banana for filling
(note - the cups I used were not a measure per se, I literally used a coffee cup!)
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon. It should come out the consistency of batter.
2. Using a ladle, take 2/3 of a spoon per pancake and cook for a few minutes either side until golden brown in a hot frying pan.
3. Put on your topping and eat!